This photo of the CNE Grandstand was taken in 1956 from the heights of a Ferris Wheel, with a Kodak 35mm Pony Camera. A section of the midway is visible in the foreground.
This photo is from the CNE Archives, and shows the stage sets in front of the grandstand, ready for an evening performance. This grandstand was completed in 1948, the year that Prime Minister Mackenzie King officiated at the opening of the Ex.
This picture of the stage at the during the CNE’s 1956 grandstand performance. It was taken with the same camera as the first photograph.
Novels about Toronto https://tayloronhistory.wordpress.com/
Previous posts about CNE